Author Topic: May be in the market again soon....  (Read 1686 times)

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
  • Reputation +326/-131
May be in the market again soon....
« on: January 29, 2015, 11:45:12 AM »
So a few years ago (circa 2005), i got this Jeep bug. It became a bit of an obsession, but i let it go....

Fast forward to now.... I kinda regret it!

I have an interesting next few months ahead, but i MAY be in the market again. Im perplexed. I might try to buy my old Rubicon back. However, given what the price likely would be to get it, i could buy something thats built better and stronger as well. I would really like to have my rubi back, its sentimental and to this day, my kiddos still are not very happy about me selling it. This weighs in as well. This purchase likely would really piss the ole lady off, BUT she has to understand the desire i have to own another Jeep and the opportunity to do so is possibly coming up pretty quick..

My options are, in list of priority:

1. but the rubi back (if i still can AND the price is right)
2. Buy something built but streetable (TJ or CJ) Not interested in square headlights, unibody or JKs. really wanta Jeep but would consider something else if it appeals to me.
3. possibly a SxS?

Ideally, it would be a fun good weather driver and wheeling here and there.

Got any suggestion, or leads?

Offline Ken

• Desert Racer
  • Reputation +167/-138
  • Trust me ;)
    • Browning's Reliable Cars & Trucks
Re: May be in the market again soon....
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 01:04:46 PM »
Good to hear from you Robert! I can understand wanting the old Rubi back, but like you said, the price has to be right. I'll keep an eye out.
89 YJ Juggy
2006 Duramax 2500 4X4 (Tow Rig)

Offline Rollin Slow

• Rock Crawler
  • Reputation +91/-17
  • They call me "T"
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 05:23:21 PM »
Come on back! Personally, I wouldn't want the SxS due to not being street legal and having to have a tow vehicle and trailer. But that's me. XJ's are cheap and capable.
It's never good when your ball pops out!! ;D                                                                        '97 Wrangler, 5speed, D30, Aussie Locker, 4.88's, 8.8, Aussie Locker, 35X12.50X15's, Advance Adaptors SYE, Tom Woods D.S., Adj. uppers and lowers. Smittybuilt 8,000# winch, Rokmen fuel tank skid,owner made sliders, bumpers and lots of smaller do-dads!

Offline SWAN22

• Wheeler
  • Reputation +36/-7
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 08:19:45 AM »
welcome back Robert
good to hear from you again
hope you can find a rig soon
"04" Rubicon, on 36" rubber,4" rough country lift, 1 1/2 inch wheel spacers, cb and willingness to try anything

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
  • Reputation +326/-131
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 08:51:41 AM »
The SxS is an option, but again, for the price of one, i can find a driver/wheeler.