Author Topic: Newb from Ray Roberts  (Read 1619 times)

Shaun

Newb from Ray Roberts
« on: February 09, 2011, 09:17:05 am »
Hey everyone. I've been lurking on here for a couple months now. I thought I would step out of the shadows and say hey. I live over in Mountain Springs. I just bought a pretty stock 90' YJ a couple months ago. I am just fixing her up to be a DD, so I'm just going to be replacing things that are warn out for now.
 After that I'll be replacing the chrome bumpers, raising her up with a 4" lift, and replacing the tires to 33".
I'm not much of a mechanic, so I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions along the way.
 Looking forward to learning more,
Shaun

don6317

Re: Newb from Ray Roberts
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 10:00:29 am »
Hey Shaun. Welcome, I'm a mechanic for a living. Built plenty of Jeeps, Truck cars and any thing else at one time or another. You need any help just ask! If i dont know I can find out. Don

Offline Ken

• Desert Racer
  • Trust me ;)
    • Browning's Reliable Cars & Trucks
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 02:53:28 pm »
Welcome to TORC!

89 YJ Juggy
2006 Duramax 2500 4X4 (Tow Rig)

LouR6

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 07:54:14 pm »
Cool jeep. I'm pretty handy with a wrench and previously a mobile electorinics certified professional. These guys have a lot of experience I'm sure anyone could give you a hand, me to if you supply the beer. I've never paid anyone to turn a wrench of any of my bikes or vehicles, always done it myself.  :thumbs:

Shaun

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 06:26:03 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I changed the fuel pump out last weekend that was leaking so bad. Now the metal line coming out of the fuel pump, and going out to the carb is leaking :(. not sure why.
 The threads are not whats leaking though. It's where the metal line screws in to the fuel pump.There is a flare in the metal line and a coupling. I guess I get to replace the entire metal line now :(
Any ways, glad to be here.

Shaun

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 01:48:14 pm »
Well I figured the fuel line problem. The o-ring had deteriorated and was leaking around it. I changed it out and it's doing great.
 I changed the front bumper out a few days ago. I'll add some D rings, a winch, and a couple lights and I'll be done with it.

I took the old bumper off the rear and put one that I could pull a small trailer with.

I really don't like the looks of the rear bumper, but it will have to work until I get the funds for a better one.

The syncro's were starting to go out so I dropped it off wit the Collins Brothers yesterday. They said they would have it finished by mid next week. One of these days I'll get to drive her again. :thumbs:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:50:05 pm by Shaun »

Offline Rollin Slow

• Rock Crawler
  • They call me "T"
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 02:04:55 pm »
Welcome and nice rig! Only thing I'll say for now is, YOU'LL NEVER BE DONE WITH IT! :th_ththkidding-1: You'll always find something else to do to it. Jeep's are a blast to own, drive and tinker with. They are "therapy" as I tell my wife.
It's never good when your ball pops out!! ;D                                                                        '97 Wrangler, 5speed, D30, Aussie Locker, 4.88's, 8.8, Aussie Locker, 35X12.50X15's, Advance Adaptors SYE, Tom Woods D.S., Adj. uppers and lowers. Smittybuilt 8,000# winch, Rokmen fuel tank skid,owner made sliders, bumpers and lots of smaller do-dads!

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 05:12:19 pm »
Man that Jeep needs some scratches and/or dents!!

Welcome to TORC!

My Jeep is a love/hate relationship.