Author Topic: Newbie here...  (Read 2902 times)

warthogcrewchief

Newbie here...
« on: December 07, 2010, 10:33:27 pm »
Currently driving a bone-stock '98 Isuzu Trooper.  Will be moving to Wichita Falls soon and have been looking for things to do.  Having done a little off-roading in AZ, I look forward to trying it in TX.

Offline Terry Hubbard

• Wheeler
Re: Newbie here...
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 01:01:28 am »
You could not have picked a better bunch of guys to wheel with. Welcome to Texas......get use to the HOT summers and bad drivers. LOL

Offline insanity

• "I'm Lost!"
  • Trail Guide
  • King of carnage!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 07:01:50 am »
Your gonna love it there. Like Terry said best group of guys around.
Insanity's Build

I can't help it I'm from the north country.

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 07:16:33 am »
Hurry up and get here!

We would be glad to have ya.

And Terry is the only "bad driver" around here.  :whistling:

Offline Ken

• Desert Racer
  • Trust me ;)
    • Browning's Reliable Cars & Trucks
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 09:20:01 am »
WELCOME!

Be sure and let us know when you get in so we can get together at one of our meetings.
89 YJ Juggy
2006 Duramax 2500 4X4 (Tow Rig)

Offline Beerman

• Spotter
  • Relax, Have a Homebrew
    • Wichita Homebrew Supply
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 11:00:21 am »
Quite a few guys at SAFB make their own beer also :icon_beer: Shameless Plug  :sorry:

ZILLA

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 11:48:43 am »
Hurry up and get here!

We would be glad to have ya.

And Terry is the only "bad driver" around here.  :whistling:

Ditto on the welcome  :icon_smile:

and Terry wants to wave hi to ya LOL

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 02:18:59 pm »
^^ Is he trying to log roll on a branch?  :muahaha:

Thatll put a hip out real quick ya know.   :idea:

Offline Terry Hubbard

• Wheeler
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 09:56:45 pm »
Yeah, I'm such a "bad" driver I had a road rage guy follow me and confront me in the Wal-Mart parking lot where Lynn works. Almost had to pull the 9mm out on him.

No Hazy......no log roll involved.....always keep at least one foot on the ground at all times.....LOL
That pic is OLD.....like me.

BEETLEJUICE

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 10:39:07 pm »
"Kick his ass Seabass!!!"

Offline insanity

• "I'm Lost!"
  • Trail Guide
  • King of carnage!
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 12:19:32 am »
Yeah, I'm such a "bad" driver I had a road rage guy follow me and confront me in the Wal-Mart parking lot where Lynn works. Almost had to pull the 9mm out on him.

When I was living in Lawton... I had an apartment in a less than desirable neighborhood. While I was in my apartment I heard a jiggle of my door knob, my computer desk was right near my front door. I hear some muffled voices as thought everyone who comes over to my place calls first or knocks. So I pulled out my 45 and mag for it. Another jiggle of the door knob, the mag went in and slide slammed forward.  Another jiggle then muffled voices again sounding like the door was about to be busted down, aim was taken. Lucky for them a neighbor seen them and scared them off otherwise I would have had 3 dead post abortion worthy idiots in my apartment.

Terry the way it was described to me is that the kick you feel is multiplied by 2 for the hit they feel. Anything 9mm and below better hit a vital or put them into shock.
Insanity's Build

I can't help it I'm from the north country.

Offline Terry Hubbard

• Wheeler
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 12:13:02 pm »
Not worried......I'm a good shot and there are 15 rounds in the mag.....all hollow points.

warthogcrewchief

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 11:27:36 pm »
I've been living in AZ for the past five years... I can handle the heat and the bad drivers.  It'll be the humidity and the cold that will take some getting used to (again).  Do y'all know if anyone in the group drives an Isuzu (other than me)?  It appears there are a lot of Jeeps owners.  Cool to hear some people who make their own beer...sounds interesting, but I don't drink anymore.

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 11:36:54 pm »
I've been living in AZ for the past five years... I can handle the heat and the bad drivers.  It'll be the humidity and the cold that will take some getting used to (again).  Do y'all know if anyone in the group drives an Isuzu (other than me)?  It appears there are a lot of Jeeps owners.  Cool to hear some people who make their own beer...sounds interesting, but I don't drink anymore.

I dont know of any isuzus in the club. You are correct, its is predominately Jeeps, but youre more than welcomed here!! I would like to see something different for a change.  :thumbs:

BEETLEJUICE

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 11:55:36 pm »

I dont know of any isuzus in the club. You are correct, its is predominately Jeeps, but youre more than welcomed here!! I would like to see something different for a change.  :thumbs:

I have just the thing, see you on the trails!!!   :thumbs: