Author Topic: Daisy, Oklahma new wheeling land  (Read 10817 times)

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
Re: Possible new area at Clayton!!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 11:46:26 pm »

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 11:47:05 pm »

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 11:47:37 pm »
 OH OH OH, I forgot too mention about the wildlife... Deer, Turkey, Quail, and the likes but most important Bear! The land owners have game cameras all over to keep count of the trophy bucks and they got several pics of a black bear. Here's his marks....  :D You'll see the pics once you come on out...

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 11:48:25 pm »
And finally that's all I have...

Offline kamikaze124

• Desert Racer
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009, 11:24:42 am »
One thing I have heard from talking to Mike Green is that they do not want you to cut down the pine trees for some reason, nad they do not want you to hang signs on the pine trees either..  This is some of what they have to do when they cut trees on Green Acres.

I think all the trails on Green Acres were thought out and cut in a proper manor. The guys who cut them take alot of pride in them, and I bet you money that these guys will do the same.
I would bet that Mike Green and the rest of the guys will be in on cutting these as well.

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 04:03:25 pm »
I understand everyone's concerns and thanks for the suggestions.

The group that will be initially cutting trails is a great group of guys. The guy leading it lives in Daisy, and is very active around Clayton.
 Im faitly sure that the group of ROF'rs is not going to go hack the land all up, it will be planned accordingly.

Ill keep everyone informed as more info is given.

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 04:16:00 pm »
One thing I have heard from talking to Mike Green is that they do not want you to cut down the pine trees for some reason, and they do not want you to hang signs on the pine trees either..  This is some of what they have to do when they cut trees on Green Acres.

I think all the trails on Green Acres were thought out and cut in a proper manor. The guys who cut them take alot of pride in them, and I bet you money that these guys will do the same.
I would bet that Mike Green and the rest of the guys will be in on cutting these as well.

Mike (OKIES) on ROF, is in contact wiht Mike Green, and the landowners as well. I think that we will have a great system set up, with excellent seasoned trail cutters. I for one cannot wait.

Taken fron ROF:
Quote from: Okies
Quote from: billyji
Hi Mike
 Mike Green here.
I organized the building of Green Acres in Clayton Oklahoma. If you would like some insight to how I/we built that 1500 acres send me an e-mail mike@mikegreen4x4.com. I can give you my cell or we can exchange e-mails. You can publish whatever you want from there.
 We used no heavy equipment and have trails from 2's to xxx's. From your pictures this will be another unbeleivable area to wheel in Oklahoma !!
 I do not frequent this forum as you can tell by my post count but have been a member a while. 
 I am a little worn out on building since I did Green Acres,helped with Mr. Freilings and built Purple Headed monster,Jim and Juanitas and ABC out at the old Hurd creek property.

Mike Green

Mike thank you for chiming in. Spoke with Rivers the other day and he mentioned you. You have a good rep and looking forward to some guidance. I believe we have meet a few times in Clayton but I don't think we have wheeled together. Too bad you chimed in, now I get to pick your brain...  :rotflmao:

I have to get back to work but will chime in tonight with more info/thoughts.

I will also answer everyone else in this thread.

Just so everyone know's, it doesn't matter what you wheel with and if anyone doesn't have the means we will have plenty of free seats.

I am very happy to see some new members here on ROF chiming in on this thread. But don't let the Rubi part of ROF run you off. Our members are very diverse and not everyone runs a Rubi. Have a look around and I am sure everyone will give a warm welcome.

I'l post more tonight and see if we all can get together soon.

Awesome, everyone have a great day!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:08:52 pm by hazyredeyes »

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 09:10:25 pm »
Thats good stuff Robert.... I saw where Mike Green posted it up on Lone Star trying to get more people involved to help cut trails.
Mike said he did not know how much he was going to cut, he said that he is pretty wore out from cutting trails a Green Acres, but he would help out in other ways with info and whatever else he can do..

Keep me informed.

Sure will. i am extremely excited about this opportunity. I THINK the land is actually north of Clayton, around the sardis lake area.

Offline kamikaze124

• Desert Racer
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 12:09:28 pm »
From what Mike said, its west of Clayton... I think we drive right by it on our way to clayton..  Should be like 20 miles from clayton...  There are cabins out at the sardis lake that you can rent, and they are pretty nice... Jarod and them rented one on the last trip to clayton.

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 02:20:13 am »
An update from Mike (Okies), transplanted here from ROF:

Okay been on the phone with the owner a couple of times today. I directed him to this forum/thread. He may or may not chime in but I am sure I'll be getting phone calls either way...  :D

I will start posting info about the surrounding area, as in hotels, gas stations and so on. Keep in mind this new area is primitive at the moment. I see some major improvements in the near future so hang in there. If this excitement continues once it opens we all will be riding high on the hog. But.. like all great things it just takes some time but rest easy, there are some plans runnning in the background.

I don't see any reason to start small as in how many folks and rigs show up to make some trails. The more people the better. I am not saying lets cut all trails right of the get go but lets get 10 or so trails plus the cross cut trails opened up so we can wheel. Faster this happens the faster the bigger things can take place.

Here's my thinking, one person (the land owner) is chief, from there we'll have 10 trail leaders and then 10 guys/rigs under them for example. I've wheeled we some of you and have seen some great team work, there is no reason we all can't jump in and make this work.

Give me a few days and I'll have some specfics on what it is going to take.

Also keep in mind that I am sitting on 37's and have many payments to go, there is no way I can cut a trail for a guy on 40's with horsepower and no payments. This is important for the teams. The helpers, myself included will be matched with the team leader.

We have very few restrictions in the planning and cutting of trails but remember "Tread Lightly".

Once again I have to get back to work and want to thank everyone from chiming in and all the suggestions I have received in PM's. I am making a list that I will be working off of from those suggestions.

We have a lot of people very interested in this and too my surprise we have everything from Sunday drivers to the big dogs in buggies. This is very good stuff and makes me proud to be a part of this great community.

Offline 84 sheepdog

• Spotter
  • Wild Bunch
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2009, 04:47:43 pm »
One thing I have heard from talking to Mike Green is that they do not want you to cut down the pine trees for some reason, nad they do not want you to hang signs on the pine trees either..  This is some of what they have to do when they cut trees on Green Acres.

They don't want you to cut the straight pine trees because they are worth $$$ if they ever harvest them for lumber.  Same probably goes with driving nails into them...it's easier for the tree to get disease and die when you do that.  Looks like another good spot.  Be careful up there, better pack a pistol in case you run into some chickenheads or sasquatch.

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2009, 12:40:41 pm »

They don't want you to cut the straight pine trees because they are worth $$$ if they ever harvest them for lumber.  Same probably goes with driving nails into them...it's easier for the tree to get disease and die when you do that.  Looks like another good spot.  Be careful up there, better pack a pistol in case you run into some chickenheads or sasquatch.

Thanks Casey, ill pass that on so they know.

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2009, 12:34:34 am »
This is from ROF.

Keep in mind this is a brand new area (private land) for us wheelers. This is ging to take some time to get a network of trails cut in. We are working very hard to make this for everyone from stock tires and open diffs to the trick buggies. Sit tight I have 2 days worth of pics to post.

[size=150]31 Jan. [/size](1st day, Buggy day) 2nd day, easy trail day) Saturday morning we all meet at a local store and around 8:30 AM we headed out. Here is where we staged...

more.............

This is the start (or close to it) for the 1st 5 trail..

more....

more...

Trail leader..

more...

more...

more...

This is a cool pic..

more...

more...

more...

more...

more..

Last pic before lunch, from here we head back out over the mountain back to the staging area for a great BBQ. From the point the buggies got out of the bottom (for lunch) they did not cover half of the bottom. This is going to be a very long trail.

Lunch time.

Checking things out before lunch is served..

more...

After we all had a nice lunch and spent a little time getting to visit I had to run back into town to pick up a friend and everyone else went back out. They decided to leave the bottom and work the hillside. I only got a few pics of it..

Shortly after these pics were taken,  us with the daily driver Jeeps went scouting for potential 1-3 trails. It was getting dark and time to head back in..

End of day one.

Thanks to everyone that came out. We made fairly good progress. Didn't really cut all that many tree's, we spent most of the time trimming. The 5 trail is marked with pink flagging tape and the 1-3 trail is marked with yellow tape.

It was great meeting everyone. Hope to do it again soon.

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2009, 01:20:30 am »
Day two, Sunday, esier DD friendly trail clearing/cutting:

Here we go..

Took the fence line up the hill but majority decided to start this area back at the bottom in the tree's. I agree.

Getting gear ready, a lot of trimming ahead of us..

Keep in mind that this trail will be soft and hardtop safe. We are trimming everything up. Thinking for the winter wheeling trips for those that run their tops. Plus this particular trail would be great for a sunday drive in a new Jeep without worries of pinstripping...

There will be great views..

I am thinking come summer time there will be plenty of shade..  :D

Trails are going up and they are going down, not too mention the zig zagging..  :laugh:

Pay attention you rock crawler types...  :D Are ya seeing it??

Finding the way..

Very nice area...

It was getting late and we decided to call it a day. From this point on there looks like 2 more mountain tops to cross. Like I said, it is going to be a a very long trail.

From this trail there are so many potential cross trails with a higher rating to really put a twist on things..  :D

There will be some of us going back out next weekend. I will be posting more pics so stay tuned..[/

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
Re: The next big offroad park in Daisy, OK (Clayton area)
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 10:08:50 pm »
Today there were only 2 of us. Jordan took the high road and I took the bottom. This is very slow going, as we are cleaning up the trimmings as we go. Any tree I fall gets cut up to campfire size and stacked. Word of advice, don't pick this wood up unless you rattle the pile. Copperheads and potential timber rattlers enjoy hiding in wood piles..

I will be going back out early in the morning and Jordan is staying out there. Tomorrow we should have one major trail cut through, will see.

Everyone is really going to enjoy this place. Wait until you see tomorrow's pics..  :D

This one is going to be bumpy..

Same position as above just looking the other way..

This is why it is taking so long, thick woods..

more...

This pic is the same position as the above pic, just looking the other way.. Nice and clean..

Nice little drop, just a little bumpy..  :laugh:

The other side of the draw has potential but for now as I will not tackle it just yet.

more..

Before...

After...

Oh oh, gonna be a tough one one day..  :D

more..

Here the trail is getting mapped with GPS..

We worked all day to end it with.....