Author Topic: Daisy, Oklahma new wheeling land  (Read 10815 times)

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
Daisy, Oklahma new wheeling land
« on: January 13, 2009, 08:47:19 pm »
***UPDATED 02/22/09*** Continuation of the current trails being cut and some were finished.

FYI.... This was stickied and locked so that it could be used as a resourse for many, many people to see and get up to date information.

Guys and gals, we have been included in on an opportunity to cut trails at a new area around Daisy, OK. This area looks to be something like green acres, but with an initial 2000 acres, possibly spreading to over 5000 acres in time!! the general area is actually around Daisy, OK.

the whole story (including some pictures) is here:
http://rubiconownersforum.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?ph=41&t=62526

They are wanting to start cutting trails the last weekend of January. as of right now there is only one access road through the property.

Taken from the above link:
I was talking with a customer of ours several years ago when he asked some questions about my 04 Rubi (RIP) and to my surprise he showed some interest. A few months ago I had bumped into this same guy and told him about the closure of our favorite wheeling area, Hurd Creek in Clayton Oklahoma and I had asked him to keep an eye open for a spot where we can wheel. WELL guess what? He called me last Thursday and told me he has a spot and we agreed to meet either Sat or Sun. I picked Sunday since I work 1/2 days Sat.

I meet up with him at his place yesterday morning which was about 45 mins from my front door in the Daisy, (Oklahoma) his place. From his place to Sardis Lake is about 24 miles and from there about another 15 or so miles to Clayton. Anyhoo, we sat down and discussed many things including offroading. We loaded up in his gas powered Mule and took a 45 min ride to the top of the mountain, once there he got out and walked around and asked me what I thought. I thought it had an awesome view but I said I wanted to see where we will be wheeling, he pointed north and said there. I sat down taking it all in and couldn't believe the views and the area we have to play, 2000 acres with an option of 3000 more (will explain this later)... AWESOME.

Folks, this is virgin land. With one main road already cut so the owner can get to the backside of his place. The timber is thick with pine, oak and scrub oak. The land is similiar to Clayton with the exception of never been wheeled on. There are rock bluffs and rock ledges all over and my fav is the creek bottoms. The main creek bottom is going to be a blast and I think just this area alone will be a full day of wheeling. The are several draws that offer some unique wheeling as well.

There is no catch and this is not going to be a short term area. The owner wants to do big things and guess what, we can make our mark with the cutting in new trails, naming them also. This is such a great opportunity for us and our sport but we have to act fast.

The very first thing the owner wants is for some of us to come on out and start cutting. We will need to cut down tree's and clear/clean the trail as we go. He told me that he will not stand behind us telling us what to cut and what not to cut or where we can and can not put a trail in. With this is mind we have been given an opportunity to do this right which takes me to my next point.

I need some help as in labor. We can wheel for free and stay in his hunting bunk house if we can organize our group to come in and get started. He wants to act fast before spring comes around. Before we start we all need to chat to make sure we do this right, as in trail layout as so on.

Would anyone be interested in lending some time to get this rolling?

Let's set something up this month, maybe toward the end of this month. I suggest at least 2 full days. There will be a lot to do and a lot of ground to cover.

The post on ROF has many pictures showing what the area has to offer.

anyone interested in going up there? I would like to, and I will see what happens.

It looks as if a bull dozer has been secured, possibly a front end loader, and a bob cat for sure.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 08:37:37 pm by hazyredeyes »

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
Re: Possible new area at Clayton!!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 11:38:03 pm »

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 11:38:44 pm »
Views...

One of my favs and this rock ridge runs across the mountain for miles..

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 11:39:15 pm »
Thinking this could be part of the scenic trail..

Scenic trail..

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 11:39:52 pm »

Several spring feed pools..

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 11:40:22 pm »
See what I am seeing?

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 11:40:58 pm »

Creek bottom, this is gonna be a blast on this bad boy..

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 11:41:31 pm »

Ah this one might hurt... lol

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 11:42:13 pm »

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 11:42:53 pm »

Crazy....

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 11:43:27 pm »
 It keeps getting better... you all seeing this... woohoo!!

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 11:44:05 pm »
Oh yea!!

Hard to tell dimensions in a pic but trust me this is nutty..

See the 2 guys? This will give perspective.

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 11:44:40 pm »

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 11:45:22 pm »
Hang tight still have more pics..

Offline hazyredeyes

• Desert Racer